Monday, January 17, 2011

I HAD A DREAM

Today is Martin Luther King Day and of course when I think of him I think of his famous speech. I HAD A DREAM so it seems natural for me to ask this question today.




"What is your dream? Have you acheived your dream and moved on to another one? If you haven't acheived your dream will you tell us what is holding you back?



For me it's always been to be a top selling mystery author. Well drop the top selling and I can say I'm a mystery author. However my lack of focus and my lack of paying attention to my career has only set me back ten years.



Today my husband went back to work for the first time in almost two weeks. I sent him to work with mixed feelings but I can now write days again with some consistancy. I guess what I am saying is that my dream has been renewed by sheer and total fear. We do not have a large savings account, I do not have medical insurance and I have a few health issues. He has plenty more than I do but his hospital stay and surgery is a big eye opener to my future.

I am now back to work and plan to stay that way on writing these books. I also have concluded that while writing mysteries is my main writing goal that for my bread and butter I may have to write some articles and nonfiction gigs. I am fine with this but need to map out a plan of action.

No longer can I sit back and see if the other shoe will drop. It has dropped and I must do the right thing and not treat my writing as a hobby.

A lot of plans that I hoped to acheive have fallen through the past few months and I have to say some of it is through no fault of my own. However I did forget the golden rule which is ------ "Don't rely on anyone else to make your dreams happen and the other rule "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" For this lapse of thought I have lost months and years.

Today is turly the first day of the rest of my life in more ways than one.

SO again I ask....."What is your dream and have you acheived it?"





"What is holding you back?"

Hugs,

Pamela

3 comments:

  1. I have a dream - to become a teacher, obtain a job teaching at an online elementary school, buy an RV, and take my family on the road trip of a lifetime! Nothing is holding me back. I'm almost halfway through getting my teaching degree. My family is my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berly,
    Thank you for answering my question and I wish you much success in your treaching and of course college. What grade level do you want to teach?

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite honestly, when I was small I wanted to sing, then I wanted to compute and then finally I decided I wanted to be a writer. Well, I got married and had kids and I love them and love being mom. I have been kept very busy doing that. Plus, a long the way, I found I am good at many things, and well not as good at the writing, as I had hoped. I still believe I have talent, but I believe I need more schooling and at the moment, cannot afford to, and well I am a bit wish washy. I am wondering if am more a designer than a writer.. or if I am more of a business person that both of those. lol.. hehe.. Right I am concentrating on my family. Honestly, I just enjoy being me and doing many things... It is really hard for me to focus on only one. Maybe one day I will.... (but like you said.. if anyone is going to do it.. it will be myself... If not, I can at least say, I learned a lot along the way... My biggest dream well is to have the family that I have and to be with them a very long time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...