Thursday, June 16, 2011

Review: A Killer Crop

Title:  A Killer Crop
Author:  Sheila Connolly
ISBN: 0425238261
Publisher:  Berkely


Meg in the midst of her first apple harvest season when she comes home to find her mother unexpectedly sitting on her doorstep.  Then the greater surprise is that her mother was visiting an old friend who has since turned up murdered in an usual location. 
What I liked most about this book in the series was Meg's interactions with her mother.  Their relationship evolves as a result of what is happening.  And they have some really interesting conversations and moments.
I also enjoyed Meg's adaptation to physical work and her changing perspectives on her life.
My only frustration with the book was that I felt the mystery portion didnt do enough for me.  There really weren't enough viable suspects or red herrings as I normally enjoy.  But a strong story nonetheless and worth the read.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...