Monday, March 5, 2012

Library Trip


I made a trip to the library this afternoon. I couldn't pass up getting out in 70 degree weather. Beautiful day outwside. Anyway I came home with two large type books. The Trembling Hills by Phyllis A. Whitney  and Miss Dimple Rallies to the Cause by Mignon F. Ballard and I couldn't be more excited to read both books.

 With the Miss Dimple Mystery Novel we go back to World War 11 and I when I read the first book I was enthralled from the first page to the last page. You can imagine my surprise and excitement when I found thsi treasure this afternoon.



We had tornadoes hit the Branson area this week and straight line winds hit our area and surrounding towns thsi week so I am ready to escape to small-town Georiga life in world war two era and this series might be of special interest to teachers because Miss Dimple is a teacher. She is also a good detective and so are some of her fellow teachers.



in The Trembling Hills again I can escape and this time with an American Gothic bas Sara Jerome not only wants to put a stop to her nightmares that a candlelit  figure who is pure evil but she wants to go to San Francisco to find her father's family and join what she hopes is her future groom and be raised to a better station in life. However her mother is opposed to the Sara moving to San Francisco and will not explain herself to Sara and when a wealthy aunt gives Sara the chance to achieve all her dreams but there is a price Sara must pay and she must confront the reality of her dreams.



I think this will keep me from my own reality for a few weeks. LOL

I am going to love my reading week.

Hugs,

Pam 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding good books to read - can't wait to hear how you liked them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm "The Trembling Hills" appeals to me. It sounds very romantic and mysterious. :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...