Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review: Due or Die


Due Or Die by Jenn McKinlay is the second book in the “Library Lover’s” mystery series. Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime, March 2012

Carrie Rushton, the President of the Friends of the Library, has been accused of murdering her husband. The evidence is stacking up against Carrie, but neither Lindsey nor the Briar Creek crafternoon club is buying it. When a nor’easter buries the small coastal town, the police are too busy digging out the locals to investigate the murder. With the help of her crafternoon friends and an abandoned puppy they name Heathcliff, Lindsey has to solve the question of who murdered Mr. Rushton before the killer closes the book on Carrie.

I love this series. Knowing that her friend is incapable of murdering her husband, Lindsey starts an investigation into who really wanted this man dead. I really enjoy a mystery that keeps me guessing and first when the killer is revealed and then the motive, I’m like wow…that I didn’t see coming and that is what this delightful book did in taking me on a wonderful journey that I could not put down. The mystery was great, but what I most adore is the relationship and interaction Lindsey has with her friends that brings this character-driven tale to life. This was a fabulously charming read and I can’t wait for the third book in this entertaining series.





--Dru



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...