Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer


This summer what books and series are you reading? As usual I am reading Carolyn Hart Mysteries but I am also trying to read as many reread Laura Levine Mysteries as possible. The heat is a real killer here in MO this year and last Saturday we got up to 107 for an actual temp.

I really am using the crockpot more this summer. A little while ago I put a roast in the crockpot to have for supper. My daughter and her husband have major car problems right now. Plus she is working late for the next two months so any suggestions on recipes that are simple quick that I can throw in the crockpot (their central air needs work) that an 11 year old and a 4 year old will eat would be good. The boys will eat anything but all my creative energy is going into writing this week.LOL

I miss my yardswing and I hope to have Frank bring it up the next times he comes for a visit. Finally do you have a favorite summer color to wear? Maybe more than one that makes you feel really good when you wear it? Oddly enough this year for me is lime green and I seem to lean towards yellow.

Hugs,

Pam


1 comment:

  1. I always love orange and yellow for summer. Bright and happy colors.

    reading a Marian Babson book and a pandemic thriller right now. Oh - and a book about the possible American murders of Jack the Ripper.

    And as for crockpot. Put in meat of your choice. And a jar of salsa of your choice and let cook til it all comes out tender. Can wrap in tortilla with cheese and veggies or whatever. Or put over lettuce for a salad. or on baked potatoes, rice, beans. whatever you want.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...