Monday, November 11, 2013

Review: The Master

Freddie, a volatile, heavy-drinking veteran who suffers from post-traumatic stress
disorder, finds some semblance of a family when he stumbles onto the ship of Lancaster Dodd, the charismatic leader of a new "religion" he forms after World War II.
Cast:
Joaquin Phoenix, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams, Laura Dern, Ambyr Childers, Rami Malek, Jesse Plemons, Kevin J. O'Connor, Christopher Evan Welch, Madisen Beaty
Director:
Paul Thomas Anderson
Genres:
Drama, Indie Dramas, 20th Century Period Pieces, Period Pieces, Blu-ray
This movie is:
Cerebral
I watched this movie because I love Phillip Seymour Hoffman and I have to admit, he did a superb job.  As did Joaquin Phoenix.  The problem is I loathed Freddy and had little sympathy for his character.  The new "religion" was definitely a cult and the processing sessions interesting but not enough for 2 and a half hours.  It was okay and I was rather disappointed.

Terri
 

1 comment:

  1. This is not a movie that I would probably watch, but I appreciate the head's up. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it more.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...