Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Review: Sleepy Hollow


TV is having more and more paranormal/horror type shows this season.  One of which is Sleepy Hollow.  I wasn't sure what to think of it, but I gave it a try watching the first 6 or so episodes. 

The gist is Ichabod Crane was a spy for General Washington and involved in some stuff that was supernatural and now has awakened over 2 centuries later where events set in motion then are coming to fruition now and The Headless Horseman (Now one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse) is just the beginning of frightening events.  He is teamed up with Abbie Mills, a lieutenant in the Sleepy Hollow police department and the two of them have special roles to play in the times to come.

Okay, there is GREAT chemistry between Ichabod (Tom Mison) and Abbie (Nicole Beharie) and that was the thing I liked most of what I watched.  Funny fish-out-of-water gags as well, as Ichabod adapts to some modern inventions etc...  AND I have no problem with suspension of disbelief as to all the supernatural stuff going on.

But that said, I really had a hard time with Ichabod being able to work as a 'consultant' for the police and their ability to ignore all the supernatural elements to what is going on.  But okay, I was still hanging in.  Then I found myself laughing during stuff that was supposed to be scary and I decided to give myself a break.  Maybe I will go back later on Netflix, but for now, I just find it too silly.

But for those who are fans - it is official - a second season has been announced.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...