Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Books and Movies Blog by Pamela James

Today's blog is about books I have read in the past month or two and how I rate them. These will be short as most have been returned to the library. 


The movies are the series I might binge watch or retro movies I have watched in the past month.


Also there are current reads that I am have been reading.


The HANGMAN'S ROW ENQUIRY by ANN PURSER. This is one of my current reads. So far I love this book. Retired is not for everyone. A group of the older generation start their own inquiry detective agency.
The group is so much fun. I am giving this one a 8 out of 10 because I haven't finished reading this fine mystery.


MRS. JEFFERIES WINS THE PRIZE by EMILY BRIGHTWELL I love this series. I admit some books might be better than other but you won't find a lemon in the bunch. So far this is one of the better books.
This is about a local garden club members. Some of the ladies meet to comparer orchids and in the conservatory there is found a dead body.
MRS. JEFFERIES  is her group of behind the scenes helpers are once again drawn to murder.
They would do anything for their employer. Inspector Witherspoon has no idea how much his household helps in the investigations. Just the way the help likes it and so this murder is challenging but the household and a couple of friends rise to the occasion. So far this is 10 out of 10. I am more than halfway thru and do not look for this top change.
******
TESSED TO KILL by LILA DARE. This is a southern mystery with heart and great characters you won't soon forget. Grace knows her way around hair, style, cuts and much more. So does her mother and lately they also know their way around murder.
That is solving murders. Lila Dare is a wonderful author who know how to cozy write a mystery. Don't miss why I kept turning the pages.
This one is 10 out 0f 10.
***
Movies I have watched this past month.
A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN this retro and stars Tom Hanks and Gina Davis. This one rates 10 out of 10.


MY GIRL I love this movie as it is one that my daughter and I watched for years and dubbed our movie right down to the song. It is also retro and is of course 10 out of 10.


HOCUS POCUS I watch this one a couple of times a year. Always a family favorite and I still laugh at this movie. Love Bette Midler and of course her song. I love it when the one witch rides the vacuum cleaner.
10 out of 10.


TOPPER RETURNS Again this is vintage but I can so relax by these movies.  10 out of 10 it's kind of screwball comedy but I love it. Cary Grant is a lo of fun.


***
Series I watched or binged on this past month.
NERO WOLFE: A&E SERIES that is retro. I binged on these this past week and my am happy that my library could get them for me interlibrary loan. Definitely 10 out of 10.


CRIMINAL MINDS BEYOND BORDERS: Now I take this series one at a time. They go up and down and I just don't feel this series but I want to like it. I give it a 6 out of 10.


CASTLE: I loved this series until found out all of the behind the scenes drama. What I mean is it's going to cable and they did not invite Stana back well that's it for me. I don't the whole idea and will not continue watching this series. They lost a viewer and switching days also did not help but its not the main reason. So what once was a 10 out of 10 is now a big fat zilch.


NEW TRICKS: I binged clear up to the last season but there will be no more NEW TRICKS I loved this series. 10 out of 10.


ELEMENTARY : I  LOVE Johnnie Lee Miller and the I always enjoy this series. However this season I am a little tired of the plot line. I give it an 8 out of 10.


For tonight I am going to stop here. Mostly because it's getting late. I will return tomorrow night with more movies, books, series, author and just plain fun.


Hugs,
Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...