Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Review: The Bloody Tower by John Rhode

Jimmy Waghorn is with his friend Inspector Hanslet when they visit the scene of what appears to be an odd accident.  A man has been killed by an explosion of his shotgun.  His father's reaction to his death is likewise odd - not worrying because the tower on the property is still standing.  Of course, it turns out that there is much more going on than it seems.  

I kept wondering how this was billed as a Dr. Priestly book when for the first 3/4, he barely appears, but his explanation of events was very interesting and then I could see his appeal.

I enjoyed the book, but the pace seemed very slow and it took me a while to finish, because I think I just needed bits of breaks yet NOT because I wasn't enjoying it - it is hard to explain.

In all, I did enjoy it and found it satisfying but more sedate maybe...

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...