Monday, September 25, 2017

Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Quincy is a survivor.  She is also is what the media called a "Final Girl" as she was the only survivor of a mass murder attack.  When another "Final Girl" supposedly commits suicide and another shows up on her doorstep, she can't hide from the past nor continue pretending to be fine.

I really enjoyed this book.  However, Quincy was portrayed as someone who had moved on and had her life on track, it was far from true and her constant Xanax popping really annoyed me.  Clearly NOT coping well at all.  Very superficial and a humongous amount of denial.

That said, the hardest part for me to buy into was that she allows a clearly messed up "Final Girl" into her home by virtue of that traumatic label they shared.

The twists were good and I enjoyed them.  Things circled around in a way I found satisfying except for the killer.  Just did not feel satisfied by that at all.  It was a motive thing for me.

That said, I was impressed by the author and will certainly try to read more.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...